LAUNCHING The Princess Project SD 2016-2017 Season. The following list of the open positions for this upcoming season. Email us today for more information SanDiego@princessproject.org
Levels of commitment:
- Leaders/Chair or Co-Chair positions: The Chairs form the Steering Committee which acts as leadership for the organization throughout the season (June 2016– May 2017). No experience required, only good leadership and organizational skills needed. Attend two meetings each month and a few hours of time for committee tasks each week, based on your availability.
- Committee members: The committees are broken into focused roles to help organize all events. Attend one meeting each month and a few hours of time for committee tasks each week, based on your availability.
- Event Volunteers: Shifts will be available during this event season (Sept 2016 – May 2017) including the prom and dress giveaway (April of 2017) boutique set up, dress sorts (March 2017), and fundraising events. These opportunities are posted on our website and emailed to our contacts. Make sure you are on our email list.
Committee roles & responsibilities:
- Girl Outreach (2 Co-Chair spots & 10 Committee members needed) Build awareness in high schools. Make contact with school & community administrators. Encourage high school girls to attend the giveaway event. Find similar community groups and non-profits helping teens in need. Manage appointment software
- Volunteer Outreach (2 Co-Chair spots & 8 Committee members needed) Build awareness in community. Recruit volunteers and volunteer groups for events
Manage volunteers during events – using scheduling software
- Media & Promotions (2 Co-Chair spots – 10 member positions) Help manage media efforts. Publicize dress drives. Website updates & social media, promote fundraising and giveaway events. Consistently represent organization and brand
- Dress & Accessories Collection (2 Co-Chair spots & 10 Committee members needed) Manage dress and accessory drives and secure public drop-off locations. Work with local and national retailers to secure product donations. Manage & sort dress inventory.
- Fundriasing & Event Planning, Event Staging & Hospitality (Fundraising Events and Giveaway events) (4-Co-Chair spots – 30 committee membership spots) Secure a host location for the annual Princess Project fundraising event. Lead efforts to compile auction item donations. Lead all efforts to plan & execute the events. Seek out private donors. Set up and manage the Silent Auction. Secure a giveaway location. Lead efforts surrounding event space layout, decorations, & hospitality. Provide a safe space for girls and volunteers. Lead efforts of moving in and out of storage. Set up the year-end Dress Sale event.